If you’re new to QuickBooks and are trying to figure out how you’re ever going to be able to use it and still be able to easily know what rentals orders you have coming up without a bunch of double data entry, you’ve come to the right place. In this video and tutorial, we discuss how to easily view your upcoming rental orders right inside of QuickBooks.
Here, I discuss the easy part of checking to see what’s coming up in your rental pipeline. However, the magic actually is made possible by simply changing the invoice date of each order to the date of the actual event. If you’ve done this for all your rental orders, then filtering by date is a breeze and I outline the steps below.
We’ll discuss the details of why you should change the invoice date to the date of your customer’s event in another blog post. There are good reasons for doing this and it’s more than simply making your life easier by allowing you to use QuickBooks built in filtering tools to search your invoices by event date. The accounting side of it actually makes sense as well as we’ll describe in detail later.
For now, here are the steps you need to take. Keep in mind, this ONLY works IF you have changed the invoice date on all of your upcoming orders to the date of the actual event.
- Login to your QuickBooks dashboard
- Hover over “Invoicing” or “Sales” in the lefthand menu and select “All Sales” from the pull out menu to the right
- Click the “Filter” dropdown button and select:
- “Invoices” as the type
- “All Statuses” as the status
- “Any” for the delivery method
- “Custom” for the date
- Enter the date or date range you’d like to see for your upcoming events in the “From” and “To” fields to the right of the date field
- “All” for the customer
- Click “Apply” and all invoices for events that fall within the date range you’ve specified will now show in the list view on the next page
You can play around with the “Date” dropdown field as QuickBooks already has some built in date ranges that are useful like “Today” “This Week” “This Month” “This Year”…etc.
If you have any questions or have any other suggestions, please leave them in the comments of our YouTube video for this particular video for everyone to be able to view and learn. You can also contact us to learn more about how we use digital solutions to help you grow and improve your rental company.